How To Buy A Property in 2021
The following steps are important in buying a property on Hilton Head Island, Bluffton or Daufuskie Island in 2021.
- Establish a Relationship with a LOCAL Realtor on Hilton Head. Only a local agent has access to off market properties that are coming soon. This is where you will find new listings before anyone else as long as your agent is full time and paying attention.
- Set up a link to the MLS with your Realtor.
- Get Prequalified with a LOCAL lender. Many out of state and national lenders do not know our local market and will have troubles along the way. A local lender will make your process less bumpy and more enjoyable.
- Get Pre-Approved or Get a Proof of Funds from your bank. This is important when you are ready to make an offer.
- If you spot a property of interest online, send your agent a text asap to find out more about the property. The best properties are selling in a matter of hours and it is important to move quickly!
- Discuss the best ways you like to be communicated with. Text? Email? Phone? Your agent needs to know this so that he can get in touch quickly when they find the perfect property.
- Practice Zoom, Facetime, Skype or Whatsapp with your agent. These are the best ways to virtually "walk through" a property when you are back home.
- Did you know we have buyers agency in South Carolina? Learning to digitally sign a document will help expedite your offer when the perfect property hits the market. Practice signing with your agent a buyer agency agreeement.
- If you would like to review a sample contract, fill out the form below and we will send you a "Sample Contract" digitally to review before the big day.
- It sounds like a lot, but when we get everything in perfect alignment, it makes the process smooth and easy!